Message Boards that are portable, changeable signs and controllable from anywhere.
These character panels use patented optical assemblies that emit bright, distinctive messages to the traveling public. LEDs enhance legibility and visibility while requiring less power than other types of illuminated signs. Full-matrix message centers allow you to display variable text heights from 13″ to 69″ in height and graphic symbols that are even larger. When fully charged, the message board is capable of operating independently of sun for 30 days with 2.5 hours of good sun required for each additional day of operation. These silent messengers are available for rent or sale. Rental options: Daily, weekly or monthly. Lift and rotate trailer available.
Yes! You Can Control Your Message Boards Using Remote Control and GPS Tracking
With our FREE built-in communication package – including an integrated modem and GPS – you can access your signs and change messages right form your office PC, or your laptop, or your smartphone. Think of it – you can even login and access your signs from home. No more racing to the work-zone at 6 am to change a message!
All these extra features at no extra price!
We’ve designed our products to include the features you need and want – like GPS location tracking, maintenance status reports and notifications by email if the equipment is moved. And, by using our Command Center software, you get 5 years of FREE cellular service, enabling you to talk to your signs anytime, from anywhere. In essence, its Fleet Management – built-in at no charge.
Yes, Remote Access is even available on your older SolarTech equipment.
If your message boards were purchased before May 2014, you can ADD the communications package by buying SolarComm. You’ll get GPS tracking and service notifications and have ALL your equipment remotely accessible. Own even older equipment? Upgrades are available… ask a GSHP sales rep for details.
Control your signs anywhere, anytime.
The touch-screen controller needs no manual – it’s that easy to use! Includes:
- GPS receiver, cellular transceiver and free cellular service for the life of the board
- Password protection
- Intuitive icons for ease of use
- Scheduling capability
- Fully net-workable
- NTCIP version 2 compatible
- Automatic software upgrades
Silent Messenger Message Boards
IV Small Sized
Incident Response Trailer
SolarTech® Full Sized
- This rugged portable, changeable message sign provides information to improve traffic flow and safety in work zones, for both drivers and workers
- Consists of a 126”Wx76”H sign panel
- 48Wx27H pixel full matrix LED display on a sturdy steel trailer, powered by a combination of solar panels and batteries
- The sign telescopes on a lift and rotate mast, and can be rotated for optimal visibility
- The sign comes with integrated GPS receiver, a cellular transceiver and FREE lifetime cellular service
- Use with Command Center software for remote communications – messages can be changed from a pc or a smartphone
SolarTech® II Message Board Mid-Sized
- The “Silent Messenger II” is a mid-sized message board
- This rugged portable, changeable message sign is designed to provide communications to improve traffic flow and safety in highway work zones
- Consists of a 92”Wx54”H sign panel with a 27×48 pixel full matrix LED display on a sturdy steel trailer, powered by a combination of solar panels and batteries
- Choose from either a foldable or lift and rotate trailer
- The sign includes a GPS receiver, cellular transceiver, and FREE lifetime cellular service
- Use with SolarTech®’s Command Center software for remote communications – messages can be changed and managed remotely from an office PC or a Smartphone – No cellular charges!
- Lift and rotate trailer upgrade available
Silent Messenger III – Mid-Sized Message Board
This mid-sized message board is a truly reliable workhorse. Multiple LED light panels on a sturdy steel trailer are powered by a combination of solar panels and batteries. Display screen measures 78”Wx46”H, giving a clean crisp readable message. Available in either standard trailer mount or in a lift and rotate version.
SolarTech® IV Message Board Small-Sized
- This “Silent Messenger IV” is a small message board, sized right for residential areas, for city or county roads, or anywhere that a smaller footprint is preferred
- Available in 3 panels sizes and a variety of matrices
- Message board is powered by a combination of solar panels and batteries
- Radar can be easily added to communicate a simple message plus vehicle speed to calm traffic
- Includes a GPS receiver, cellular transceiver, and FREE lifetime cellular service for remote communications
SolarTech® Vehicle Mount Message Board
- Vehicle mounted signs allow flexibility for DOTs, municipalities, contractors and traffic safety houses
- A wide array of signs and mounting options enables you to customize for any vehicle: Crash attenuator, Trucks or Trailers, Pickup trucks, Dump trucks, Stake body/flat beds, Utility vehicles
- Solar Technology offers multiple mounts in various sizes for any vehicle in your fleet
- All mounts come manual or powered
- Signs can be powered either by using battery power from the vehicle, or by using dedicated batteries
- Optional solar panels can also be ordered
- All mounts and signs come with Solar Technology’s unbeatable 5 Year Warranty
SolarTech® Double-Sided Message Boards
- Ideal for directing traffic from two different directions
- With both models, you can choose from MB II 92’’x54” or MB III 78”x46” sign panels
- Model MB-122-3048 has two sign panels on a lift and rotate mast – the sign panels can be angled from parallel to 45 degrees
- Model MB-222-3048 has two trailer-mounted parallel sign panels which can be angled slightly
- Both models are powered by a combination of solar panels and batteries for reliable performance
- The sign comes with integrated GPS receiver, cellular transceiver, and FREE lifetime cellular service
- Use with SolarTech®’s Command Center software for remote communications – messages can be changed and managed remotely from an office PC or a smartphone
- A combination unit that includes everything you’ll need to respond to an emergency: spills, rock slides, accidents, flooding, etc.
- Unit includes a message board plus 10 barrels and 25 traffic cones on a sturdy steel trailer, powered by a combination of solar panels and batteries
- The display screen measures 92”Wx54”H and allows you to add a message to slow traffic, reconfigure lanes or warn of dangers ahead
- The sign comes with an integrated GPS receiver, cellular transceiver, and FREE lifetime cellular service
DR500S K-Band Doppler Speed Radar Gun
- State of the art low power digital signal processing (DSP) based OEM radar for the traffic calming market
- Lowest power industry standard radar for speed measurement
- Directional, picks up either incoming or outgoing vehicles/objects
- 1500’ typical pickup range for a compact vehicle
- FCC pre-approved with CE mark for worldwide deployment
- Fully configurable via 2x RS232 serial port for enhanced flexibility
- Wide input voltage operating range allows solar operation
- IP65 Weatherproof enclosure
- Firmware “boot loader” allows for field upgrading of firmware
- Best in class traffic statistic software included
- Add to any SolarTech® message board