Portable Traffic Signal Systems
Portable Traffic Signals are equipped with an internal conflict monitor, or Malfunction Management System (MMS). This feature is exclusive to Horizon Portable Traffic Signals and provides redundancy within each signal network. By monitoring for malfunctions at each trailer within the network, we eliminate the possibility of an MMS failure leaving the signal system without the ability to detect malfunctions. The MMS, combined with an intuitive programming interface, makes this control system the most advanced operating system in the industry.
- Micro-terminal: The micro-terminal provides a simple and user friendly interface for inputting signal timings. The plug-and-play unit allows you to save up to 10 timing programs for easy access, and you can also use it to manually control all the signals in your system.
- Multiple phase operation: Our state-of-the-art Controller Unit accommodates up to 14 traffic phases, to handle even the most complex traffic patterns.
Type TR1 PTS
Portable Traffic Signals
SQ2 Portable Traffic Signals
The SQ2 Portable Traffic Signals have been designed and tested for fast, efficient deployment without sacrificing quality, versatility or safety. The full matrix operating system features an integrated conflict monitor, programming storage and is actuation ready. The operating system is software-based and conforms to the NEMA performance standards. Failsafe programming is accomplished easily and features fixed time, actuated or manual modes.
The NCHRP 350 TL-3 accepted SQ2 System is ideal for daily or short term traffic control applications. It provides increased work zone safety while maximizing traffic flow. The SQ2 Portable Traffic Signal meets and exceeds NEMA TS-5 specifications for Type TR2 PTS.
- Full matrix operating system
- Bulletproof 900 MHZ radio communication option
- True green time extensions
- Manual, fixed time, & traffic actuated operation mode options
- Wireless remote operation mode option
- Work zone indication light to provide visual cues
- Fast, efficient deployment and relocation
- Fully MUTCD and NCHRP 350 compliant
- Integrated conflict monitoring
- Meets NEMA TS-5 specifications for Type TR2 PTS
SQ2T Type TR2 PTS
Portable Traffic Lights, Reimagined
The Highly mobile SQ2T Portable Traffic Signal System combines a full matrix operating system in a tow-able trailer design. For fast, efficient deployment without sacrificing quality or versatility, the SQ2T is the ultimate answer. This trailer mounted version of our SQ2 portable traffic signal system features an integrated conflict monitor, programming storage and is actuation ready. The oper
ating system is software based and conforms to the NEMA performance standards. Failsafe programming is accomplished easily and features fixed time, actuated or manual modes. The SQ2T System is ideal for a wide variety of traffic control applications. It provides increased work zone safety while maximizing traffic flow.
- High quality tandem tow signal trailers
- Conforms to NEMA TS5 performance standards
- Conflict monitoring
- Data logger records signal functions
- Durable aluminum signal heads
- Work zone indication lights provides visual cue inside the work zone
- Secure reliable long range wireless communication system
- Integrated solar charging panels
- Setup and operational in minutes
- Year round operation regardless of location or climate
- Controls multiple traffic phases
- 80 watts of solar collection capacity standard and expandable
- Video, motion & in ground loop actuation read
DAD System – Driveway Assistance Device
A First in the Industry
The Driveway Assistance Device engineered exclusively by Horizon Signal Technologies, has been designed to address the need to control driveways that fall within one lane temporary work zones. The system increases safety for both the motorist and the worker while maximizing traffic flow through the work zone.
The Driveway Assistance Device is a self-contained cart with a small footprint, which allows for easy maneuverability during deployment. The cart features a battery bank with on board 110-volt charger and optional outriggers and solar charging system. Each signal is equipped with one 12” Red indication and two flashing red arrows which alert the motorist that one way access is permitted in the direction of the flashing arrow.
How It Works
The Horizon Driveway Assistance Device will display a flashing red arrow in the direction of the traffic traveling within the work zone. The motorist may proceed in the direction of the flashing arrow, yielding to the traffic traveling within the work zone. A solid red indication is displayed when it is not safe for the motorist to enter the work zone.
Each Horizon Driveway Assistance Device is linked to the Horizon Portable Traffic Signal System controlling the work zone traffic. Communication between the Horizon Portable Traffic Signal System and the Driveway Assistance Device is accomplished via wireless communication.
SQ3TS Type TR1 PTS
The Versatile Portable Traffic Signal
The SQ3TS Portable Traffic Signal System combines fast efficient setup with highly reliable performance. The multitude of modular add-on components makes the SQ3TS the most versatile portable traffic signal system available today. The SQ3TS is the smart choice for a wide variety of short and long term traffic control applications. From a simple one lane bridge repair project to complete intersection control the SQ3TS has the attributes to provide safe efficient traffic control.
The Sq3TS Portable Traffic Signal meets and exceeds NEMA TS-5 specifications for Type TR1 PTS.
Bulletproof 900 MHZ radio communication
- True green time extensions
- Conflict monitoring
- Fast efficient setup
- Tandem tow signal trailers
- Highly visible 12” (30.5 cm) LED lights
- Adjustable overhead mast arm
- 180° rotating signal heads
- Fixed time, traffic actuated and manual operation options
- Controls up to seven traffic phases with eight signals
- Battery powered with solar and 110 volt charging
- Meets NEMA TS-5 specifications for Type TR1 PTS