Rectangular Rapid Flash Beacon
Four times more effective than the common standard round beacon.
TAPCO’s pedestrian-activated Rectangular Rapid Flash Beacon (RRFB) systems produce 80-90 percent driver compliance in yielding to pedestrians at high-risk uncontrolled crossings. When activated by push button or motion detection, LED arrays flash a Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) specified alternating wig-wag pattern.
Side-mounted LED arrays flash concurrently to advise pedestrians that the units are actively flashing. The RRFB system produces the highest yielding rate of all traffic control devices not featuring a red display, and is four times more effective than the common standard round beacon. RRFBs cost less compared to other traffic control devices that produce similar vehicular yield rates.
- Driver yielding rates of 80-90%
- Completely modular
- Various mounting options
- Larger LED arrays provide increased visibility
- LEDs exceed FHWA standards
- Significantly higher driver awareness and compliance
- Wireless, synchronized LEDs
- Solar-powered, eco-friendly
- LED Indicators for pedestrians
- More effective than round beacons
- Product Exceeds SAE J595 Requirements
RRFB options include:
- Advance RRFB wirelessly linked to Crossing RRFB
- Self-powered remote bollard-mounted push button
- Passively activated systems
80% Reduction to Yield to Pedestrian Traffic!*
* “An Analysis of the Efficacy of Rectangular-shaped Rapid-Flash LED Beacons to Increase Yielding to Pedestrians Using Crosswalks on Multi-lane Roadways in the City of St. Petersburg, FL”, Center for Education and Research in Safety