TAPCO’s pedestrian-activated rectangular rapid flash beacon (RRFB) systems produce 80-90 percent driver compliance in yielding to pedestrians at high-risk uncontrolled crossings. When activated by push button or motion detection, LED arrays flash a Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) specified alternating wig-wag pattern.
Side-mounted LED arrays flash concurrently to advise pedestrians that the units are actively flashing. The RRFB system produces the highest yielding rate of all traffic control devices not featuring a red display, and is four times more effective than the common standard round beacon. RRFBs cost less compared to other traffic control devices that produced similar vehicular yield rates.
RRFB options include:
- Advance RRFB wirelessly linked to Crossing RRFB
- Self-powered remote bollard-mounted pushbutton
- Passively activated systems
- High-speed and multi-lane crossings
- School crossings
- Pedestrian crossings
- Roundabout crossings
Extra-large beacons provide greater visibility, ideal for high-speed
and multi-lane pedestrian and school crossings.
Features & Advantages
- Driver yielding rates of 80-90%
- Completely modular
- Various mounting options
- Larger LED arrays provide increased visibility
- LEDs exceed FHWA standards
- Significantly higher driver awareness and compliance
- Wireless, synchronized LEDs
- Solar-powered, eco-friendly
- LED Indicators for pedestrians
- More effective than round beacons
- Product Exceeds SAE J595 Requirements