Clear car decals can be used on the inside or outside of windows, doors, or any other area of your vehicle. They have also been specifically designed to not damage your car’s paint or windows and are able to withstand most car washes and windshield wipers.
A clear car decal is an image or graphic printed directly onto transparent vinyl material. This allows the background of the decal to be see-through where not printed, making this a great option to use on car windows without obstructing your view. Clear car decals can be placed on either the outside or inside of your vehicle’s window and can also be applied to the sides, doors, and body without damaging paint.
Custom clear vehicle decals are generally used to advertise one’s business or products on cars, trucks, vans, jeeps, motorcycles, or any other vehicle. They are also great for showing off sports teams, logos, personal designs, and more.
.05lbs per square foot (about the weight of 9 quarters)
.003″ (about the same thickness as a sheet of copy paper)
Transparent where not printed, waterproof, easy to install, durable, removable and repositionable
Indoor/Outdoor. Vehicle windows or doors, business advertising
Four color white ink process, eco-friendly, weather, fade and abrasion resistant UV ink
3+ years with proper placement and care
Installation & Care
- Clear car decals use a wet installation method, so you will need to begin by creating an application solution (approximately 3 drops of dishwashing liquid to 1 gallon of warm water) which you will eventually apply to the desired surface and the adhesive side of the decal.
- Clean the desired surface (either the window or body of your vehicle) with soap and water, removing all dust and dirt particles. If dust and dirt is not fully removed from the surface this may cause small air bubbles in your decal and prevent it from adhering properly. After cleaning the surface, either allow time for the surface to air dry or remove excess water with a rubber squeegee.
- Thoroughly soak the desired surface with the application solution created in Step 1.
- Lay your clear vehicle decal on a flat, smooth surface and begin to remove the back liner. As you are removing the back liner, generously apply application solution to the back of the decal.
- Take the decal and place it onto your desired surface with the wet adhesive side against the application surface. You may lift the decal to remove large bubbles or wrinkles when applying.
- The application solution on both the application surface and the adhesive side of the decal will allow you to slide the decal into the correct position.
- Use a squeegee* to remove air bubbles and excess application solution from underneath the decal. When using the squeegee, start in the center of the decal and squeegee in a straight line to the right and left side of the decal. Continue this process until you have ran the squeegee over the entire decal. Feel free to press hard when using the squeegee to ensure the removal of excess water. You may place the back liner on top of your decal during this process to avoid damage to the decal. Once squeegeed, you will not be able to reposition your decal.
- Use a paper towel to wipe excess water away from the edges of the decal. Allow up to 24 hours for the decal to dry before driving.
Like all car and truck window decals, wash your clear decal regularly to maintain appearance and longevity. These decals are safe for most car washes. However, do not apply high pressure water for long periods of time to avoid having the decal start peeling. To remove the decal, simply peel back a corner using a razor blade and then pull the remaining decal away from the window. You can also use the razor blade to remove any remaining adhesive residue. Be careful not to scratch the installation surface if sharp objects are used during removal.