Won’t damage vehicle paint
Fully custom opaque car decals are easy to install and are perfect for advertising your business or customizing your personal vehicle. Made from thin but durable adhesive vinyl, you can drive around with confidence knowing that your decal will be noticed in a good way. The natural color of opaque car decals is white, but you can customize any design with any color.
Vehicle decals have many uses, including advertising, branding, and decor. Make your decal personal and unique with a custom shape, custom shape with border or choose a background color that will help your vehicle’s message stand out and get noticed.
The following instructions are to help you have a successful, timely install of your opaque car decal. The installation is a simple process and requires no professional help. We recommend installing your decal in an environment that is dry with a temperature above 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Clean the desired surface with soap and water, removing all dust and dirt particles. If dust and dirt is not fully removed from the surface this may cause small air bubbles in your decal and prevent it from adhering properly. After cleaning the surface, either allow time for the surface to air dry or remove excess water with a rubber squeegee
- Before you remove the backing from the decal, we recommend placing it on your vehicle to ensure that the size and fit are as you want. A dry erase marker can help you mark the edges where you want your decal to be applied.
- Gently remove the backing by peeling the decal away from a corner. If you’re having difficulty, a piece of scotch tape placed on the backing can help create a tab for you to grip and peel away the decal.
- Carefully place the decal onto the desired surface. We recommend holding the decal upright with two hands near the top and placing only the top edge to the surface first, then use your hands to guide the decal on a little at a time. At this point only apply the decal lightly. If you need to reposition or adjust the decal you should be able to slowly and carefully peel the decal away from the body of the vehicle and reposition before the adhesive fully sets in.
- Once the decal is in place, use a squeegee* to remove air bubbles and small pockets. When using the squeegee, start in the center of the decal and move in a straight line to the right and left side of the decal—then move up and down working out any pockets or bubbles. Continue this process until you have ran the squeegee over the entire decal. You’ll want to use some steady pressure with the squeegee to work out the pockets. You may place the back liner on top of your decal during this process to avoid damage to the decal. Once the squeegee process is complete, you will not be able to reposition your decal.
Care and Removal
Like all car and truck window decals, wash your opaque decal regularly to maintain appearance and longevity. Regular washing helps to prevent dirt and road grime build up. These decals are safe for most car washes. However, do not apply high pressure water for long periods of time to avoid having the decal start peeling. To remove the decal, simply peel back a corner using a razor blade and then pull the remaining decal away from the body or surface of your vehicle. You can also use the razor blade to remove any remaining adhesive residue. Be careful not to scratch the installation surface if sharp objects are used during removal.