Opaque window decals are adhesive decals that you can place on any window, glass door or other smooth surface. These semi-permanent decals can be printed at nearly any size and do not need professional assistance for installation. Opaque window decals will last indoors and outdoors for years with proper care, yet are easily removed when you’re ready for a new look.
Opaque window decals work wonderfully for posting store hours or advertising a logo or brand in a window. All window decals can be cut to the exact outline of the design by selecting custom from the shape options. You can also choose to have a border around the outline of your design by selecting custom with border in the shape options. Whatever you choose, your opaque window decal will look great
.09 lbs per square foot (about the weight of 9 quarters)
3 mil (.003″) About the same thickness of a sheet of copy paper
Semi-permanent white vinyl, versatile, bubble-free finish
Indoor/Outdoor. Retail, home or office windows
Four color process, eco-friendly, weather, fade and abrasion resistant UV ink
5+ years with proper placement and care
12″x12″, 24″x12″, 2’x2′, 4’x4′, 3’x5′
The following instructions are to help you have a successful, timely install of your opaque window decal. The installation is a simple process and requires no professional help. We recommend installing your decal in an environment that is dry with a temperature above 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Begin by cleaning the desired window or surface with window cleaner or light soap with water, removing all dust and dirt particles. If dust and dirt is not fully removed from the surface this may cause small air bubbles in your decal and prevent it from adhering properly. After cleaning the surface, either allow time for the surface to air dry or remove excess water with a rubber squeegee.
- Lay out your opaque window decal on the window with the backing still on and make sure it is aligned properly.
- While holding up the decal where you want it to go, use a dry erase or washable marker to mark where your decal will be applied. Double check your alignment to make sure the opaque window decal is where you want it to be.
- Gently remove the backing by peeling the decal away from a corner. If you’re having difficulty, a piece of scotch tape placed on the backing can help create a tab for you to grip and peel away the decal. Avoid doing this step in windy conditions so that the adhesive side of the decal does not fold and stick to itself.
- Carefully place the decal onto the window or desired surface. Use your alignment marks made in step 3. We recommend holding the decal upright with two hands near the top and placing only the top edge to the surface first, then use your hands to guide the decal on a little at a time. At this point only apply the decal lightly. If you need to reposition or adjust the decal you should be able to slowly and carefully peel the decal away from the surface and reposition it before the adhesive fully sets in.
- Once the decal is in place, use a squeegee to remove air bubbles and small pockets. When using the squeegee, start in the center of the decal and move in a straight line to the right and left side of the decal—then move up and down working out any pockets or bubbles. Continue this process until you have run the squeegee over the entire decal. You’ll want to use some steady pressure with the squeegee to work out the pockets. You may place the back liner on top of your decal during this process to avoid damage to the decal. Once your decal has been fully squeegeed, you will not be able to reposition your decal.